The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek
DVM_Wannabee.blog
The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek

Thursday, April 20, 2006

 

I hope not a lot of people died in this county this past month

Finals start Friday (technically "tomorrow"). My tablet computer with my semester's worth of notes started smoking in class Monday.

My reaction as I watched the smoke swirl and inhaled the sweet and slighty caustic smell of burning electric?

"Oh well."

My reaction now that I've spent hours trying ot print out a classmates Journal files and organize them, only to find that with Windows Journal Viewer, anything that's been highlighted prints up blank (yes, meaning that I can't see any of the important stuff),and after I've been offered two loaner tablets, one of which doesn't work and the other which requires a password that nobody knows?

"It couldn't effing wait one more effing week to effing burn up?!?!" (but with a very gracious and sincere "Thanks" to all those who attempted to come to my rescue, namely Tamara, Katie, and our SCAVMA vice prez and prez.)

The good news is that Candace from our computing services was able to save my hard drive and transfer all my files to a DVD, so I can access all the notes *I* took this semester. Unfortunately printing them out takes forever and wastes paper, and viewing them on a regular computer is a pain since Journal viewer is a crappy program.

But I'll get by. Who needs A's, anyway? (or even B's at this point, for that matter?)

And guess what? in less than 8 hours, I have jury duty at the county coroner's office, on my only reading day, the day before finals.

I say let's call all them "death due to natural causes" and get outta there early.


Dana Lee 00:23



Shamelessly
Advertising:




Reading:
Mental Floss


Sir Arhtur Conan Doyle
Study in Scarlet



Listening to:
Radio Paradise

The Shins


Practicing:
Classical Gas
Leader of the Band
Crossroads
Fire and Rain


Surfing:

Vet stuff:
UI College of Vet Med
Pet Columns
AVMA

News, politics, culture, religion:
The Guardian
The Chicago Tribune
The NY Times
The Washington Post
BBC News
Project Censored
Sojourners
Back to Iraq

Food:
Raw Recipes

For Fun:
The Onion
Engrish
Museum of Medical Quackery

Photography:
Ten Years
Best of 2003

Nature:
Animal Planet
PBS Nature
Nature Songs

Music:
Guitar Tabs
Play by Ear

















































































































































































































































































Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger
Google