The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek
DVM_Wannabee.blog
The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek

Saturday, September 24, 2005

 
Well, it’s kinda crappy out. It’s a good day to run over to the farmer’s market. Get some tomatoes and squash and basil, and make soup.

I’m glad it’s crappy out. No incentive to run and play outside--just incentive to stay in and study like a good little nerd. My only self-scheduled obligations today are

a) go over to the vet med building and re-watch the video on castration--here in vet school they are sticklers for doing it the proper way, and I've only done it the quickie "free clinic" way. While I'm there I'll look at the toxicology textbook in the library and pick up my bike, which I left there last night due to a downpour and laziness.

And b) at 5:30, as a part of this week's Wall to Wall Guitar Festival, there's a free fingerstyle workshop at Corson’s Guitar Store, where I take lessons. I'll stop by to see if I can pick up any pointers.

Oh, and after a barbeque/pot luck at Susan and Steph's, tonight I plan on breaking my old fart ways to actually go out to Campus Town and socialize. I may actually stay out past ten.


Dana Lee 08:18



Shamelessly
Advertising:




Reading:
Mental Floss


Sir Arhtur Conan Doyle
Study in Scarlet



Listening to:
Radio Paradise

The Shins


Practicing:
Classical Gas
Leader of the Band
Crossroads
Fire and Rain


Surfing:

Vet stuff:
UI College of Vet Med
Pet Columns
AVMA

News, politics, culture, religion:
The Guardian
The Chicago Tribune
The NY Times
The Washington Post
BBC News
Project Censored
Sojourners
Back to Iraq

Food:
Raw Recipes

For Fun:
The Onion
Engrish
Museum of Medical Quackery

Photography:
Ten Years
Best of 2003

Nature:
Animal Planet
PBS Nature
Nature Songs

Music:
Guitar Tabs
Play by Ear

















































































































































































































































































Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger
Google