The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek
DVM_Wannabee.blog
The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

 

. . . and I was keeping up so well!

I was posting to this thing pretty regulary for a while, but now I may have matched my summer record for a blogging dry spell.

I've still been pondering and been playing around out and about, but as soon as I get a changce to sit down, there's work to do and stuff to read or study. And there's always the sleeeping, bathing and eating. (I swear--sometimes life gets in the way of life.)

It's not that this semester is full of hard classes, just a lot of classes. And with trying to keep up with a job and maintain an occasion personal life, it's hard to find time to put my experinces and thoughts online.

So, here are the short forms of blogs I would have posted:

--The whole euthanasia/value of life controversy and how recent court rulings about "life's value" can affect pet owners: couldn't write a pet column about it--too touchy--but I will later post the would-be column on this

--Star Wars III: coming soon--no interest in seeing bad acting but very interested in seeing Wookiee home planet and badass Yoda fighting future emperor

--The "remote drug delivery systems" (aka tranquilizer darting) lab at the Brookfield Zoo: got to learn more pharmacology and got in some target practice with dart rifles and handguns

--Why I don't post many pictures of myself online: past stalkers and guy who works in building who knew stuff about me before I even knew who he was, and who prints leggy photos of 13-year-old Asian girls after hours

--The annual UI Vetscapades: found out that some professors drive shittier cars than mine--woo hoo!

--My summer plans: keep working for public engagement/Dean's office, hopefully work on research project with Chicago Zoological Society if funding comes through (turned in proposal yesterday)

--Clinics and rounds: realized some stuff I've learned this year IS useful and maybe all the sitting on my ass 8 hours a day in dark lecture hall may someday pay off

--My recent epiphany about garderners, postal carriers, cab drivers, waitresses and hairdressers: They're far wiser and smarter than doctors, lawyers and CEOs


That's all for now. Time to review more Clinical Pathology--


Dana Lee 23:33



Shamelessly
Advertising:




Reading:
Mental Floss


Sir Arhtur Conan Doyle
Study in Scarlet



Listening to:
Radio Paradise

The Shins


Practicing:
Classical Gas
Leader of the Band
Crossroads
Fire and Rain


Surfing:

Vet stuff:
UI College of Vet Med
Pet Columns
AVMA

News, politics, culture, religion:
The Guardian
The Chicago Tribune
The NY Times
The Washington Post
BBC News
Project Censored
Sojourners
Back to Iraq

Food:
Raw Recipes

For Fun:
The Onion
Engrish
Museum of Medical Quackery

Photography:
Ten Years
Best of 2003

Nature:
Animal Planet
PBS Nature
Nature Songs

Music:
Guitar Tabs
Play by Ear

















































































































































































































































































Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger
Google