The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek
DVM_Wannabee.blog
The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

 
To keep myself blogging on a more regular basis, I've come up with a few ways to post even when I don't have time to rant and ramble. I'll start doing a weekly series of itty bitty posts in case I have nothing else to say. Last semester I had Dr. Wallig's Tie of the Week, but that required uploading photos and all that. We busy 2nd years have no time for such foolishness.

So here's two new series: "cookie wisdom" and "random veterinary factoids."



Cookie Wisdom

For the past decade or so, I've been collecting fortunes I get in fortune cookies. I roll them up, and I used to put them in this little wooden kayak my buddy Andy brought back from Nepal, but that got full, so now I keep them in the box Elena brought from Japan. (I travel the world vicariously through my friends.)

So when I feel like it, I'll pull one out and post it.


Cookie Wisdom for March 15, 2005:

"Some men dream of fortunes.
Others dream of cookies."


Dana Lee 20:49



Shamelessly
Advertising:




Reading:
Mental Floss


Sir Arhtur Conan Doyle
Study in Scarlet



Listening to:
Radio Paradise

The Shins


Practicing:
Classical Gas
Leader of the Band
Crossroads
Fire and Rain


Surfing:

Vet stuff:
UI College of Vet Med
Pet Columns
AVMA

News, politics, culture, religion:
The Guardian
The Chicago Tribune
The NY Times
The Washington Post
BBC News
Project Censored
Sojourners
Back to Iraq

Food:
Raw Recipes

For Fun:
The Onion
Engrish
Museum of Medical Quackery

Photography:
Ten Years
Best of 2003

Nature:
Animal Planet
PBS Nature
Nature Songs

Music:
Guitar Tabs
Play by Ear

















































































































































































































































































Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger
Google