The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek
DVM_Wannabee.blog
The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek

Thursday, February 03, 2005

 

You know you're a nerd when. . .

. . . you get so excited about a new tecchie backpack that you have to blog about it.

I've been using my laptop more in class this semester, and I've been lugging it around in a regular backpack. The pack is high quality, but isn't made to carry a 7 pound computer and another 23 pounds of notes, texbooks, pens, lip balm, chocolate, Cold-Eeze, and other staples of the vet student lifestyle.

So while I stopped at the office supply store for notecards and a five-pound tin of Royal Dansk cookies last night, I decided to drop a small fortune on a bag that can actually hold all my stuff.

I'm so glad I did.

It's got a special padded pocket for the computer, plus the remainder of the bag has more space than any backpack I've ever owned. There's a compartment just for texbooks and binders, with a sturdy divider to further organize books, plus another deep comparment that's made for notebooks and folders. This pocket is deep enough to fit a few grapefruit (my usual 10 a.m. snack) and water bottle in addition to the notebooks!

And of course, there's compartments for my pens and gadgets, and two side pockets for miscellany.

The only downside: no lumbar padding. There's a waist belt, but no lumbar support. I'm a strong believer that if a bag is big enough to warrant a waist belt, it probably needs lumbar padding. So I tightened the waist belt and secured foam padding around it with electrical tape to make my own little lumbar "pillow."

Now it's the perfect bag. (Let's just ignore the fact that it protrudes about four feet out from my back, exacerbating the already clumsy stumbling of a 5-ft runt.)


Dana Lee 21:22



Shamelessly
Advertising:




Reading:
Mental Floss


Sir Arhtur Conan Doyle
Study in Scarlet



Listening to:
Radio Paradise

The Shins


Practicing:
Classical Gas
Leader of the Band
Crossroads
Fire and Rain


Surfing:

Vet stuff:
UI College of Vet Med
Pet Columns
AVMA

News, politics, culture, religion:
The Guardian
The Chicago Tribune
The NY Times
The Washington Post
BBC News
Project Censored
Sojourners
Back to Iraq

Food:
Raw Recipes

For Fun:
The Onion
Engrish
Museum of Medical Quackery

Photography:
Ten Years
Best of 2003

Nature:
Animal Planet
PBS Nature
Nature Songs

Music:
Guitar Tabs
Play by Ear

















































































































































































































































































Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger
Google