The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek
DVM_Wannabee.blog
The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek

Friday, February 18, 2005

 

I'm Also the Class Tramp!

(Yay for me!)

Tuesday afternoon, the class got together to discuss clinical ophthalmology cases with the beloved Dr. Hamor.

While discussing a case of feline keratitis caused by a herpes virus, we talked about administering oral lysine to keep the infection from spreading. The topical antiviral we discussed, trifluridine, is a bit expensive, so I raised my hand and asked:

"Dr. Hamor, what about topical lysine? When I get herpes on my lips, I just go to the drug store and buy a $2 tube of lysine ointment."

(You can see where this is going. . .)

After stating that he wasn't sure of the safety of using topical lysine on the eyes, Dr. Hamor took advantage of the opportunity to ask:

"So what are doing with herpes on your lips?"

And, as you'd expect, the classmate next to me elbowed me, and the whole class roared.

"COLD SORES!" I explained. "COLD SORES! ! !" and I proceeded to hit my classmate across the arm (sorry again, Jason).

Dr. Hamor continued with "Oh, never mind! I don't want to know! Too much information! T-M-I! ! !"





Feline Herpes vs. Cold Sores





.


Dana Lee 17:05



Shamelessly
Advertising:




Reading:
Mental Floss


Sir Arhtur Conan Doyle
Study in Scarlet



Listening to:
Radio Paradise

The Shins


Practicing:
Classical Gas
Leader of the Band
Crossroads
Fire and Rain


Surfing:

Vet stuff:
UI College of Vet Med
Pet Columns
AVMA

News, politics, culture, religion:
The Guardian
The Chicago Tribune
The NY Times
The Washington Post
BBC News
Project Censored
Sojourners
Back to Iraq

Food:
Raw Recipes

For Fun:
The Onion
Engrish
Museum of Medical Quackery

Photography:
Ten Years
Best of 2003

Nature:
Animal Planet
PBS Nature
Nature Songs

Music:
Guitar Tabs
Play by Ear

















































































































































































































































































Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger
Google