The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek
DVM_Wannabee.blog
The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

 

Finals week is here!
Where'd my motivation go. . .?

Well, I've only got three final this week and I think the worst one is over. The Bacteriology exam yesterday threw me for a loop--I sure hope I got the grade I needed! I sacrificed some study time to go to my nephew's birthday party up in the 'burbs, but there was still a lot of material on the exam I wouldn't have thought to study, even if I had another week. We'll see what happens.

Tomorrow is Pathology, and since I didn't get an A on the last exam it's mathematically impossible for me to get an A in that class. It would have been nice, since I think it's worth about 5 credit hours. My condolence lies in the rumor I heard that our prof for that class generally doesn't hire residents who get A's in his class--something to do with "B" students having a better undertanding, as opposed to rote memorization skills. But what does that say about his whole examination/assessment process?

Ugh, and Thursday is Epidemiology, which I really should be studying for right now.

My problem is, once I've really gotten into a subject and my motivation starts peaking, it's too late to do as well in the class as I could have had my motivation been present from the start.

My lame excuse for this semester is that I started the year worn out and exhausted from the long summer and a nasty respiratory infection.

I don't have too much planned for this winter break except the usual personal holiday stuff, some career planning, and some quiet office work. So I'll have no excuse for next semester. I'll be ready and rearing to start my 25 credit-hour semester, full steam, from Day One!

(Yeah, right.)


Dana Lee 16:02



Shamelessly
Advertising:




Reading:
Mental Floss


Sir Arhtur Conan Doyle
Study in Scarlet



Listening to:
Radio Paradise

The Shins


Practicing:
Classical Gas
Leader of the Band
Crossroads
Fire and Rain


Surfing:

Vet stuff:
UI College of Vet Med
Pet Columns
AVMA

News, politics, culture, religion:
The Guardian
The Chicago Tribune
The NY Times
The Washington Post
BBC News
Project Censored
Sojourners
Back to Iraq

Food:
Raw Recipes

For Fun:
The Onion
Engrish
Museum of Medical Quackery

Photography:
Ten Years
Best of 2003

Nature:
Animal Planet
PBS Nature
Nature Songs

Music:
Guitar Tabs
Play by Ear

















































































































































































































































































Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger
Google