The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek
DVM_Wannabee.blog
The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

 

The End of an Era


Okay, so the era was only two semesters long, but I'm still bummed.



The Suds laundromat/bar on Green Street has closed it doors for good. I went there last night with three bags of dirty laundry and a hankering for a Heineken and channel surfing bad movies, only to find that the "Suds" sign was gone, along with all the washers, dryers and neon lights flashing "Bud".


Suds' variety of top-loaders, with a view of the bar

I ended up spending the night at a smelly (literally) dive laundromat down the street with a chain-smoking attendant and her chain-smoking teenage offspring.

Now where can I go for a 10 a.m. screwdriver buzz while I watch the clothes spin round and round? I'm going to miss the free popocorn and watching TNT's "Movies for Guys Who Like Movies" with the laundry attendant/bartender, his studious girlfriend, and the small group of regulars in the bar.

And the dryers were really big!

I was so looking forward to summer visits there, because during the school year I would bring my books and pretend to study while one eye was on the two TV sets (one with sports and the other with action movies), but now that I have the freedom to actually watch cable sans guilt, they've taken my surfing outlet away!


Watching TNT movies and sports


And what am I going to do with my "Suds Club" card?!?!?

Whoa is me. . .



Dana Lee 12:00



Shamelessly
Advertising:




Reading:
Mental Floss


Sir Arhtur Conan Doyle
Study in Scarlet



Listening to:
Radio Paradise

The Shins


Practicing:
Classical Gas
Leader of the Band
Crossroads
Fire and Rain


Surfing:

Vet stuff:
UI College of Vet Med
Pet Columns
AVMA

News, politics, culture, religion:
The Guardian
The Chicago Tribune
The NY Times
The Washington Post
BBC News
Project Censored
Sojourners
Back to Iraq

Food:
Raw Recipes

For Fun:
The Onion
Engrish
Museum of Medical Quackery

Photography:
Ten Years
Best of 2003

Nature:
Animal Planet
PBS Nature
Nature Songs

Music:
Guitar Tabs
Play by Ear

















































































































































































































































































Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger
Google