The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek
DVM_Wannabee.blog
The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek

Wednesday, November 26, 2003

 

Thanks and Apologies


Ahhhh. . . enjoying the respite of the Thanksgiving week, I am thankful for:

1) getting through that awful three-exam run with flying colors
2) getting through that anatomy practical Friday with my sanity intact
3) surviving the three hour drive back to the suburbs

As I have enjoyed the past four days free from the confines of the Basic Sciences Building, I am feeling refreshed enough to blog again. There is some old businees to take care of, and some photos that have been floating around in cyberspace waiting to be viewed.

First off, I must make a public apology to my lab partners, Rebecca and Jason, for once again being a slacker. I'd like to make the excuse that the class as a whole felt pretty exhausted after that earlier slew of three-exams-in-a-row and that we were all feeling a mite sluggish, but that would be shameless rationalization.

The truth of the matter is, I felt whipped after those three exams, and when I found out I did well on them, I was ready for my week off. . .but wait. . .there was yet another exam coming. . .but I took my week off anyway. I didn't put in extra time at the anatomy lab, and when I was there I was not focused; I was too busy goofing off, chatting, singing Sesame Street songs from my youth, making constellations out of people's freckles (apologies to Alaina also, whose right arm bears the constellation of a TIE Fighter form Star Wars), and pondering the attractiveness of the male upperclassmen.

For that, I apologize. Hopefully more Swedish fish can help you all forget how annoying I was. I promise that I will return from the Thanksgiving break refreshed and ready to tackle the chicken cadaver with fervent attentiveness.




Dana Lee 15:52



Shamelessly
Advertising:




Reading:
Mental Floss


Sir Arhtur Conan Doyle
Study in Scarlet



Listening to:
Radio Paradise

The Shins


Practicing:
Classical Gas
Leader of the Band
Crossroads
Fire and Rain


Surfing:

Vet stuff:
UI College of Vet Med
Pet Columns
AVMA

News, politics, culture, religion:
The Guardian
The Chicago Tribune
The NY Times
The Washington Post
BBC News
Project Censored
Sojourners
Back to Iraq

Food:
Raw Recipes

For Fun:
The Onion
Engrish
Museum of Medical Quackery

Photography:
Ten Years
Best of 2003

Nature:
Animal Planet
PBS Nature
Nature Songs

Music:
Guitar Tabs
Play by Ear

















































































































































































































































































Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger
Google