The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek
DVM_Wannabee.blog
The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek

Monday, November 03, 2003

 

I admit, I'm a bit of a slacker


Ahh, another round of exams underway. . .

Today we had our 3rd anatomy practical and written exam. Next week we have histology, neuro, and endocrine exams, three days in a row.

I feel like I'm getting B's when I could be getting A's. I looked over my anatomy notes and textbooks last week, and said to myself, "This isn't that overwhelming when you break it down, and it's quite simple when you review and review. . ." But I waited until the week before to start really cramming the stuff--of course it seems like a ton of information if you study that way.

So I realize I've been slacking a bit, in the sense that I could be studying more (with time still left over to be do normal civilian stuff), but I just don't. Why? I don't know. I think part of the problem is I feel tired all the time, especially after sitting on my butt all day listening to lectures.

I was a better student when I got regular exercise, so Lynea and I are starting a swimming program this week--our ideal goal is to swim laps (about 30-45 minutes worth to start) two days a week, but our realistic goal is once a week. In addition, I'm hoping to get some other cardio activity and weight training in about two more times a week.

That should help--studies show that people (especially folks over 50) have greater energy and mental acuity if they get regular excercise.

So I'm hoping to get off my butt right now and enjoy this lovely weather. . . and then study. . .



Dana Lee 16:46



Shamelessly
Advertising:




Reading:
Mental Floss


Sir Arhtur Conan Doyle
Study in Scarlet



Listening to:
Radio Paradise

The Shins


Practicing:
Classical Gas
Leader of the Band
Crossroads
Fire and Rain


Surfing:

Vet stuff:
UI College of Vet Med
Pet Columns
AVMA

News, politics, culture, religion:
The Guardian
The Chicago Tribune
The NY Times
The Washington Post
BBC News
Project Censored
Sojourners
Back to Iraq

Food:
Raw Recipes

For Fun:
The Onion
Engrish
Museum of Medical Quackery

Photography:
Ten Years
Best of 2003

Nature:
Animal Planet
PBS Nature
Nature Songs

Music:
Guitar Tabs
Play by Ear

















































































































































































































































































Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger
Google