The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek
DVM_Wannabee.blog
The chronicles of a veterinary student, foodie and self-proclaimed geek

Friday, August 22, 2003

 
Alright. . here we go. I'm almost done unpacking my stuff here in scenic Urbana, Illinois and this is my first day out on the campus.

I've decided that I like my crappy little studio apartment. Even though the doorways are narrow and paint and moulding are peeling from the walls, all I hear at night are bugs buzzing and chirping, and I can barely hear the guy above me walking around. It's nice and quiet. There are plenty of trees with frisky squirrels to muffle out street noise, and I'm half a block away from the pretty side of campus. And I have my own porch and swing!

I'm going to be a contender for top ten geekiest on campus with the new newspaper basket I installed on the rear of my bike. The basket has two parts that hang down either side of my rear tire; it's huge and clunky, so now I can finally say I have a really big rear. Riding around today I was a bit paranoid that the basket is so wide that I'd bump people with it as I passed them--but I'm getting used to it. It defeinitely serves its pupose--I can fit a big backpack in each side, or books, or groceries, or whatever.


The Geek Cycle

I'm in the vet school library right now and I'm about to pick up my books and then
ride over to the health center for a rabies titer. (I sure don't feel rabid.) I'm so excited--I had my rabies vaccination series last month so now I can play with little brown bats all I want! (just kidding--but they are cute, aren't they?)


This one is smiling!

Okay, I know that anthropomorphizing animals is unbecoming a professional, but though I am an animal lover, I'm not a bleeding-heart animal lover. I think hunting is good, I know that suffering is a natural part of life, blah blah and blah. . . .but isn't this little furry guy just SO cute?


Dana Lee 14:00



Shamelessly
Advertising:




Reading:
Mental Floss


Sir Arhtur Conan Doyle
Study in Scarlet



Listening to:
Radio Paradise

The Shins


Practicing:
Classical Gas
Leader of the Band
Crossroads
Fire and Rain


Surfing:

Vet stuff:
UI College of Vet Med
Pet Columns
AVMA

News, politics, culture, religion:
The Guardian
The Chicago Tribune
The NY Times
The Washington Post
BBC News
Project Censored
Sojourners
Back to Iraq

Food:
Raw Recipes

For Fun:
The Onion
Engrish
Museum of Medical Quackery

Photography:
Ten Years
Best of 2003

Nature:
Animal Planet
PBS Nature
Nature Songs

Music:
Guitar Tabs
Play by Ear

















































































































































































































































































Designed by Anja Stern (Brazil) at Blogskins
Powered by Blogger
Google